Friday, May 25, 2012

send it bro!

Kayak season is in full force, I just took remember how to paddle course. step 1, paddle the chilliwack at low water. step 2, paddle skook at 14. step 3, paddle the chilliwack at 2.3(brown). Yes  on Tuesday Toby, Jazz(18 year old girl who shows me whats up in the boat), and I paddled the Chilliwack at 2.3. It was massive and brown. the biggest I've ever done it. The speed you move at is crazy. I pooed my pants on the Irish Cream rapid when I missed my line and had to paddle like an 18year old girl(thats faster then you think). anyhow, Im still alive. word.
this is on the Trailer park rapid.
Yes that is blood on Jazz's face. In your face! brown!
Kanga on Tamihi. I walked Tamihi like a dog with its tail between my legs. I think I might have died if I ran it. The river is a beast and there is no stopping once half way down. Your knees dont stop you like they do on rocks.
So when you paddle with people you always have to worry about the shuttle. I found this bike and we nicknamed it the shuttle bunny. Its like a 1980 Raleigh woman's bike. I need to raise the seat a bit. We just ditch this thing in the bushes at the take out and its good to go.
This is what I've been up to the last couple months. Check out that barn, you could eat off the floor. We just moved the birds into the lay barn last night. Let the shit storm begin. Im off to the Nimby later today. Its been a hard month for my old fat body and I haven't really been able to ride as much as I wanted to. But its ok cause my bike is carbon so Im sure I can beat Max Plaxton.

No comments: