Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Old man.

So the baker weekend was kind of a flop. However it was still unreal! Saturday a bunch of people came over for a waffle breakfast then went away and me and nate went and drank more coffee at starbucks then went dog shopping. I am going to get boarder collie pup, I think. A dog is a big thing, its kind of a big responsibility, but now that I am on the farm I have the room for a little dog. I got some names in mind. Coiler, Trevor Linden, Seven, or George Costanza. What do y'all think? Oh yeah saturday I went mt biking on vedder with Brett but he got a flat tire 10min in and had to go home cause he had a huge hole in his tire. I had a wicked ride!

Then sunday I paddled the nooksack and I was good, but I missed like 5 gates and touched a bunch too. Then I hopped on the road bike and rode up to the top of mt baker. It was puking snow at the top and I froze to death on the way down but it was so so epic.

I am selling my place in Chilliwack and I have been moving some of the clutter out, its crazy how much stuff you collect over 2.5 years of living in a place. I am really looking forward to moving to the farm, my house there is massive 2400sq feet and a full basement where I am going to build a rock climbing gym and set up the basement camping soon, its getting cold out and its almost time.

I got the marathon this weekend. I am a little nervous, my knee has not been good but I have been swimming a paddling a ton so maybe I will be good. I am basically Michal Phelps in the pool! Bring it!



The road to baker.
near the top.
you can see the snow line. burrrr very cold
This is George, she has replaced bone on the farm. Yeah thats right my sisters named a female cat George by mistake and they just went with it. Its kind of funny.

4 comments:

Michael Holroyd said...

End of an era in Chilliwack...

I vote for Baker as your dog's name. Are you sure you're responsible enough? Its not like a cup of coffee that's gone two minutes later. This is for like 15years!

Unknown said...

I'm with Mike, dogs name officially Baker. Although I think you should get a Collie from a rescue, because Collies have so much energy and like to herd kids who look like sheep the rescues are full of them.

nate.

Toby Roessingh said...

I am also in favor of Baker. Then you can call him by his full name - Diefenbaker, like that dog on the TV show with the mountie - when you're mad at him.

Nathan (other Nathan's) border collie is from a rescue and she's awesome.

And I disagree with Mike. You are ready for a dog. Just look at how well Howard the pine tree has done.

Anonymous said...

how long does it take you to climb mt baker? im not from around the BC area(live in ontario :( no mts)
- good luck with marathon this weekend!!