Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Turkey Weekend.

I just got back from a vic marathon trip. I was going to do the Marathon but thought the lack of training in combination with the 130$ entry fee was a bad idea. So I just rocked the 8km race. It was fun, I've been running 1-2x per week so I was well trained up for the 8k suffer fest. It turned out ok as I won the 25-29 age group category and finished 7th overall. Yeah age categories, this is what its all come down to. My time was 27:06. The pain reminded me of a short track effort from 2003. I didn't think I would ever have to hurt like that again, but here we are. I went over with some friends from abby Jason and Marina. Jason ran the half and Marina did the full we also stayed with Jasons aunt and uncle. Jay's Uncle bruce turned out to be Peter vallance's grade 12 math teacher. Small world. After the planes, trains, and automobiles (buses, boats, and cars) game I showed up 3hrs late for thanksgiving dinner. Then I ate till I was fat. Quote of the weekend goes to Jason the morning of the race. "all right, this is what all that missed training is all about"

Today I had an awesome ride on Red mt in Misson. Most years I only ride there once for the race but it looks like this year I will ride there more then that. Its only a 1/2hr drive from abby and its just awesome trials. I also took max with and after we all hit up safeway for some California dreaming and bucks. such a great day!









Jon shredding lome on red.
My new whip. 2011 Trek ex 9. and yes its unreal. there was really nothing wrong with my old one but this thing has a couple little changes and its the the cats PJ's. I get myself into so much trouble with this thing cause its so fast! you can just stuff it into the corners so hard! and just plow through anything with "gnar factor". its really really nice.

Nate and Brad killing each other.


awww, sushi jersey and all. Brad "code white" rogers and Karen "400$ and I wont touch your sister" rogers.



Ryan. 1'16 half marathon the day before. nice bike hes riding eh?(its my ex 8) rental bike I guess.




The Nate Dawg.





Jon "turrets" Heron. Jon just started riding this year and its really nice to see how well hes riding now. Hes just an animal on the bike! it must be all that cross fit?



No comments: