Saturday, March 29, 2008

you got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

I gambled and lost and now the first XC race of the year is over. Going in I was kind of worried about starting at the back because I did zero Norbas in 2007 and got no Norba points but I do have a bunch of UCI points so they stuck me on the 2nd row. We got to do like 5 laps of a fun and fast and bumpy California style course. My start was unreal. I was right where I needed to be in the top 5 or 6 guys. by the end of the first lap I was riding with Kabush and Craig in the top 3 and we were starting to gap everyone else in the field, I end up leading the race for a while then started to fade. I ended up getting passed by a bunch of guys on the last lap and finished 7th. Its OK I am happy with it cause it still really early in the year and I am going to see some big improvements over the next month. I was the whitest guy in the top ten for sure, and if we had to do the last 2 laps on skate skis I would have won hands down. I kind of went for it and lost. some times you win and some times you blow up hard and finish 7th.

Right now I am chilling at the Landis house just chilling out, I am very worked! the first effort of the year is always a killer. Right after the race Marty and I went to the Baja Fresh for food. When I ordered I asked for the biggest burrito known to man with steak and guacamole. You should have seen the size of this animal, it comes in 2parts and could feed a whole mexican family. So I am full and tired and I sleep soon. Landis' also did easter dinner while we were racing and there is all this easter bread and little treats from trader joe's all over the house, it is a gangsters paradise.

Tomorrow we got the short track, and yes I am out for revenge. Then right after the race we are getting in the Cobalt and we are going to pin it back to Canada. we are going to each get a 2liter of Coke and just drive all night. Steve says the record is 15hrs. but he was drinking diet coke. we are going to shoot for like 18-20hrs. its the race after the race.

No comments: